Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July!! We are celebrating today since we are a day ahead. The Marshall Islands doesn't celebrate the 4th of July since they are no longer a U.S territory. They are there own republic now.
All the ingredients were expensive but we splurged to make some homemade cookie bars and banana bread for the holiday.  It costs about fifty dollars for sugar, flour, etc. for the treats. I was glad I found one bag of choc. chips. They were kind of stuck together but they worked. Kyra was really excited to wear the 4th of July outfit I bought her in the States before we came. The skirt is a little big so I taped the waist with masking tape. I knew packing masking tape would be handy for something! Then she went for a walk with Rick and sat in the ocean. Glad the outfit lasted for 30 minutes!






No comments:

Post a Comment