Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fish or Eek in Marshallese

We were sharing with our new Marshall Islands friends that we would like to try to make our own fish but we don't have a good knife in the apartment to filet it with. Kinu and her sister were very kind and brought us fish for dinner today. I said, "Wow, thank you! So do I just cook it in the oven?" They laughed and said it was already ready to eat for us. I said, "thanks so much!" My dad brought home fresh fish for our dinner table often growing up. It never came to the table like this, so I was a little surprised. When they left, Rick filleted the fish and fried it up. It was delicious! Kyra ate a lot. Fish was a staple for her the past two years. The fruit around the fish is called bread fruit here. It tastes just like bread.
1

No comments:

Post a Comment