We heard about a beautiful beach at the top of the island called, Laura Beach. Some missionaries brought in beach sand to cover the coral and built picnic pavilions to make this beach really nice. The beach is also on the lagoon side so the water is calmer. We took a one hour taxi ride out there today and had a great picnic and swim time. This was Kyra's second time in the ocean. Kyra is not afraid of the water. She got right in and sat down. Then she started filling her bucket with water and pouring it over her head. She also wanted to swim with nothing on. It is common for children to swim that way here. I made her keep her diaper on. Didn't want start anything crazy since we wear suits in the U.S! We walked to a local shop for a soda. Notice the sun tea? I thought it was tea at first, and was confused why there was funnel. Then I realized it was gas! This is common out towards the tip of the island since there are not many gas stations here.


No comments:
Post a Comment