Rick and I feel a strong calling to live out the verse, James 1:27 - Pure, unstained religion, according to God our Father, is to take care of orphans and widows when they suffer and to remain uncorrupted by this world. Six years ago, we adopted our beautiful daughter, Jinnae, from China. Three years ago, Rick and I started a second adoption process from Ghana, Africa. We were going to adopt two baby girls. After completing our paperwork, making payments and being promised babies soon, Ghana closed its doors to adoption leaving us heartbroken.
We then were encouraged to adopt from the Congo in Africa. Once again, we started the paperwork process, and made some payments. After 4 months in this new process, the Congo closed its doors to adoption.
At this point, I began to wonder if I could handle another adoption process. The emotional ups and downs, and financial losses were wearing me out. I spent much time in prayer and asked God for wisdom on what to do.
Rick and I researched and spoke with four different adoption agencies and looked at different options to expand our family.
I was very impressed with Adopt International in California who specializes in adoptions from the Marshall Islands. After skyping with them a few times, Rick and I decided to start an adoption journey once again. The journey has been smooth so far. We started the process in January, and now in May all of our paperwork is complete and we need to be in the islands on June 9, 2014 to pick up our beautiful daughter, Diako. We are more excited than you can imagine!
No comments:
Post a Comment